Buy yourself a copy of The Sacred Harp songbook: the best collection of sacred songs, hymns, odes, and anthems ever offered the singing public for general use.
Also available from the Sacred Harp Publishing Company
By Warren Steel with Richard Hulan. The long-awaited companion to The Sacred Harp, tracing the sources of every tune and text in our songbook, from the work of B. F. White and E. J. King to the contributions by various composers to the 1991 edition. More info »
By Chloe Webb. Curiosity about a tattered songbook, an 1869 edition of The Sacred Harp given to the author by her grandmother, sparked a quest to reconnect with Dumas family ancestors who composed, sang, & lived by the words of The Sacred Harp. Order »
Read The Sacred Harp Publishing Company Newsletter
The Newsletter features reports from Sacred Harp singings around the world, biographies of Sacred Harp singers, news, and other items.
- “Introduction,” by Jesse P. Karlsberg
- “A Hollow Square in My Homeland: Bringing Camp Fasola to Poland,” by Gosia Perycz
- “Celebrating Sacred Harp in Europe, September, 2012,” by Fynn Titford-Mock
- “Sacred Harp Down-Under: The First Australian All-Day Singing,” by Steven Levine
- “My Soul Awoke: The Rocky Mountain Convention,” by Robert McKay
- “Harmonious Union: How Sacred Harp Brings People Together,” by Robert T. Kelley
- “In Search of Silas Mercer Brown,” by Rebecca Over
- “Picturing Song Leaders in Nineteenth-Century America,” by Chris Brown
- “Behind A Beginner’s Guide to Shape-Note Singing,” by Lisa Grayson