Buy yourself a copy of The Sacred Harp songbook: the best collection of sacred songs, hymns, odes, and anthems ever offered the singing public for general use.
Also available from the Sacred Harp Publishing Company
By Warren Steel with Richard Hulan. The long-awaited companion to The Sacred Harp, tracing the sources of every tune and text in our songbook, from the work of B. F. White and E. J. King to the contributions by various composers to the 1991 edition. More info »
By Chloe Webb. Curiosity about a tattered songbook, an 1869 edition of The Sacred Harp given to the author by her grandmother, sparked a quest to reconnect with Dumas family ancestors who composed, sang, & lived by the words of The Sacred Harp. Order »
Read The Sacred Harp Publishing Company Newsletter
The Newsletter features reports from Sacred Harp singings around the world, biographies of Sacred Harp singers, news, and other items.
- “Introduction,” by Jesse P. Karlsberg and Nathan Rees
- “Aunt Ruth’s Bible,” by Michael Hinton
- “The Cullman Courthouse Singings,” by Buell Cobb
- “The Pitcher’s Role in Sacred Harp Music,” by Raymond C. Hamrick, introduction by Ian Quinn
- “To Connecticut and Back: Notes from a Bus Trip to the 1985 New England Convention,” by Lonnie Rogers and Joyce Walton
- “The Making of The Shenandoah Harmony,” by Rachel Wells Hall
- “‘Take My Staff and Travel On’: A Sacred Harp Journey,” by Justyna Orlikowska
- “Road Trip to Roberta,” by Jason Stanford
- “Congratulations to David Ivey, 2013 National Heritage Fellow,” by Jesse P. Karlsberg and Nathan Rees