Buy yourself a copy of The Sacred Harp, 1991 Edition songbook:
the best collection of sacred songs, hymns, odes, and anthems ever offered the singing public for general use.
Also available from the Sacred Harp Publishing Company
By Warren Steel with Richard Hulan. The long-awaited companion to The Sacred Harp, tracing the sources of every tune and text in our songbook, from the work of B. F. White and E. J. King to the contributions by various composers to the 1991 edition. More info »
By Chloe Webb. Curiosity about a tattered songbook, an 1869 edition of The Sacred Harp given to the author by her grandmother, sparked a quest to reconnect with Dumas family ancestors who composed, sang, & lived by the words of The Sacred Harp. Order »
Online exhibition: The First National Sacred Harp Convention
Peruse documents, images, and recordings that tell the story of the first National Sacred Harp Singing Convention a new, four-day Sacred Harp convention held in June 1980 that honored the heritage of Sacred Harp tradition while celebrating the growth of new singing communities.
Read The Sacred Harp Publishing Company Newsletter
The Newsletter features reports from Sacred Harp singings around the world, biographies of Sacred Harp singers, news, and other items.
- “Introduction,” Jesse P. Karlsberg and Nathan Rees
- “Honoring Jeff and Shelbie Sheppard: 2014 Citation Awards,” Karen Rollins and Jesse P. Karlsberg
- “‘To the Puzzlement and Delight of All,’ a ‘Surprise Wedding,’” Matt Wells
- “A Happy Life: Reflections on Sacred Harp Singing by Barrett Ashley,” Barrett Ashley, Jerry Enright, and Karen Freund
- “Our Debt to George Pullen Jackson,” Irving Wolfe and Charlotte Wolfe
- “In the Footsteps of Lee Andrew McGraw,” Rebecca Over
- “Making the Sacred Harp Museum Accessible: A Newly Donated and Digitized 1909 White Book,” Nathan Rees