The Sacred Harp Publishing Company seeks a web developer with experience customizing WordPress websites to assist in implementing a new website design. The developer will work with a graphic designer over a three-month period to convert layouts and wireframes to a dynamic, mobile-friendly web presence with robust eCommerce capabilities for the Publishing Company and its museum and journal and will assist with post-launch adjustments for a period of six months. The ideal candidate will be an experienced and motivated WordPress developer, detail-oriented, and a pleasure to work with.
The Sacred Harp Publishing Company is a non-profit organization that publishes The Sacred Harp, 1991 Edition and promotes traditional Sacred Harp singing, community, and culture across the United States and around the world.
Application due date: May 1, 2018
- Convert layout and wireframes created by graphic designer into seamless, dynamic, mobile-friendly WordPress site over a three-month period
- Select and customize a WordPress theme that meets the needs of the project
- Select and implement a WordPress compatible eCommerce platform for the non-profit’s books and recordings
- Work with graphic designer to refine the look of the site as necessary to ensure that it meets functionality and responsiveness goals
- Aid in the selection, installation, and configuration of plugins to meet the site’s needs
- Customize WordPress site to accommodate the format of the non-profit’s semi-annual journal.
- Customize WordPress site to accommodate visually appealing and dynamic online exhibitions and other functionality related to the Sacred Harp Museum’s web presence
- Ensure high performance and cross-browser and platform compatibility
- Work with designer and non-profit staff for six months post-launch to address issues that come up and fine tune the site as needed
Please write to Jesse P. Karlsberg with any questions.