The Sacred Harp Publishing Company is a non-profit corporation belonging to its stockholders, who elect a Board of Directors in even-numbered years, to conduct business both for the corporation and for the promotion of the spread of Sacred Harp singing.
The Board of Directors meets annually at the Sacred Harp Headquarters and Museum in Carrollton, GA, to review current business and adopt plans for the future. Additional periodic meetings are held, usually at singings, with proper notice.
The Board of Directors of the Sacred Harp Publishing Company includes:
- Executive Secretary: Karen Rollins
- Chairman of the Board: John Plunkett
- President: Michael Hinton
- Vice President: Jesse P. Karlsberg
- Treasurer: Philip Denney
- Recording Secretary: Richard Ivey
- Assistant Secretary: Kathy Williams
- Member of the Board: Danny Creel
- Member of the Board: Lela Crowder
- Member of the Board: Lisa Ballinger Geist
- Member of the Board: Nathan Rees
- Member of the Board: Shane Wootten
- Member of the Board: Terry Wootten
The Board of Directors is supplemented by an Alternate Board, whose members are appointed in even-numbered years by the Board of Directors, attend Board meetings, and may be called upon to vote in a Director’s absence.
The Alternate Board of Directors includes:
- Aldo Ceresa
- Bill Hollingsworth
- Robert Kelley